Telehealth ServicesValor Counseling
Telehealth is a relatively new trend in psychotherapy. Telehealth is a generalized term referring to a health service being provided remotely. This includes both over the phone and video chat. With the threat of COVID-19, many healthcare workers are turning to telehealth to reduce the risk of infection and offer convenience to their clients. There are many pros and cons to telehealth.
- Less time in a waiting room
- There is no commute to your appointment
- There is no risk of getting any illnesses outside of your home
- Most insurances cover telehealth therapy
- It can help reduce anxiety by being in the comfort of your own home
- Studies show it is as effective as in-person therapy
- Computer/phone glitches can occur
- It may be difficult to get a private area to talk if there are others in the house
- It can increase the chance of a miscommunication or misunderstanding
- You will need a reliable phone signal or internet connection
Here at Valor Counseling, we are offering telehealth options both over the phone and secure private video chat. In addition to offering telehealth, we provide all of our documents online so you can review and sign them electronically. If you have any questions or are ready to give telehealth a try call (630) 410-1818 or contact us today.